Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

BEDA 7: Explaining This Internet Thing

Today, I took upon the task of attempting to explain this whole internet thing to my family. Yeah, that went moderately well.

I've always been pretty involved on the internet; youtube, portkey, mugglenet, pen pal sites, etc. The works. So I was able to ease my family into all of this. My aunt, however, was not so prepared.

At 1:00am, I got here in Charlotte. After a quick snack, I pulled out my decrepit laptop, Louis, and started editing. My aunt then proceeded to ask me what I was doing and I attempted to explain. argh.

I tried to ease her in with, "I'm very involved with YouTube, and I am going to a video conference called 'VidCon' in June." Yeah, that didn't ease her so much. "UH-HUH. So what do you MEAN?" I tried t go a little more in depth, "I make videos on YouTube with my friend Caroline who lives in Texas." I didn't phase that so well and quickly added, "She used to live in Rockaway. I know her." My aunt came back with, "OKAY...So what does this mean?"

She still seams a little on the fence about the whole thing. Even after a whole day of my showing her or videos. Yeah, can't wait till tomorrow when I have to film another vlog. Argh. That should be fun.

Okay, Internet. It's almost 11 here and I need to wake up at 6.

Books Read This Year: 8
Out Of State Journeys: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment