Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

BEDA 5: "My 'LP'"

My grandma, who is 85, got her first laptop a few weeks ago. She's a longtime desktop PC user, but decided that her HP desktop was just too slow. (She bought it two years ago and it's in better condition than my 1 year old laptop.) So she went to Staples and bought an HP laptop.

She then proceeded to hook it up to her 24 inch monitor, a USB keyboard, and a USB mouse. She also calls it her LP. It's very adorable, because she always called her old desktops, "PC." We all poked fun at her for a while and then the jokes stopped. I can now say that I will never make fun of her LP set up again.

As I mentioned a few days ago, my Dell Inspiron 1450 (or 1350. I still don't know!) has been giving me trouble lately with the keyboard. My H key, my G key, my C key, and my colon key, just to name a few, have all stopped working. I tried to deal with it for a few days, but it got to be too much. So I dug out this old Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, and tried to hook it up and, amazingly, it worked! Then I found this old Microsoft wireless mouse, got that set up, and before I knew it, I had my very own LP situation. Minus the 24 inch computer monitor, that is.

I have to say, I'm really liking this. I'm actually considering getting on of those mini Bluetooth keyboards that Apple makes for their iPhone. That would be very, very convenient. If I could get it before tomorrow at 7:00pm (when I leave for the airport) that would be amazing. I'm going to have to lug this entire set up down to North Carolina. Luckily my mom is checking a suitcase and I can stick my keyboard and mouse in there.


It's very nice not having to Google words with the letter H and G in them to copy and paste into whatever I am typing. I really do suggest this to anyone having keyboard problems because it's actually really awesome, once you get past the whole "I-can't-really-leave-my-desk" thing.


Good day Internet, I'm going to go see how much a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPhone would be. :)

Books Read This Year: 8
Out of State Journeys: 4
+

No comments:

Post a Comment