Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

BEDA 11: Crazy People at the Airport

Today I had to do what every one who is on holiday must do: I boarded a plane to return home. I had to wake up at 7am to pack my bag up because I was charging my phone and everything and then got downstairs for tea with my uncle. He made me a bagel and we talked until my mom and, eventually, my aunt came down.

We left for the airport at 8, planning to be there at 8:30. Yeah, we got there even sooner. We were at the airport and through security by 8:35. The security line was so short it was beautiful. Nothing like JKF at all! CLT (Charlotte Airport) was so not crowded. That is why I love it. For someone who flies loads, a non-crowded airport is a blessing. Kennedy drives me crazy. I hate flying out of there. And also in because they take forever with baggage. But I live in NY ( for the time being) and it's kind of unavoidable.

So I met these adorable old people at the gate. They were doing a cross word puzzle and every now and then, they would look away from each other and pull a face. Alright, I'm weird, but it was cute.

We started boarding at about 10:30. And as I sat on the plane and we began to pull away from the gate, the pilot came over the loudspeaker and said that there would be some turbulence until we hit 9,000 feet because there was a heavy cloud cover. Then he turned on the seatbelt sign, and started take off. Let me just say, that was the worst take off I have ever experienced. So just as the plane starts bobbing in the air and rocking back and forth, some lady, decked out in metal, gets up and starts towards the bathroom in the back of the plane. She keeps knocking into people and falling all over the place and I'm just like, What the hell are you DOING?


Moral of the story? If you are decked out in metal and high heels getting up during a turbulent flight, and you fall on me, I will kill you. Or at least want to kill you. But I probably won't because I'm not very keen on going to federal prison.


Okay, goodnight, Internet.
Books read this year: 8
Out of state journeys: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment