Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

BEDA 29: Life Lessons.


Here's something that you probably could have already assumed : When you have a New York car towed from your Pennsylvania summer residence to a Toyota Motor World to get a new set of keys because you think your dog stole them, the mechanics are not going to jump on the opportunity. 

So as you could have guessed, today went so smoothly. I woke up about 20 minutes before the tow truck came, had an English Muffin and some incorrectly brewed tea, and then started packing my stuff. The tow truck gets here and I am ushered out of the house with the leash-less dogs in tow, and  into my father's blue truck. So I sat there and watched as the beautifully dressed could-be-politician gets out of the tow truck. He proceeds to lose his keys, and then isn't sure where the axle is on my mother's mini-van. This took about 45 minutes for this guy to get his act together and then we were off to Motor World. 

Let's do a quick preliminary total of how much time I wasted today due to Motor World. 

20 MINUTES TO EAT AND GET READY.
45 MINUTES WAITING FOR THE JOKER TO DO HIS JOB.
25 MINUTES TO MOTOR WORLD. 

= 1 1/2 hours.

So we get to Motor World and my parents get out to go get the keys and everything. They're gone for like half an hour, during which time I began to reread TFIOS. Then they come back and my dad says, "Well it's gonna be like 2-4 hours so we're going back to the house." FUN RIGHT?

30 MINUTES AT MOTOR WORLD WAITING.
25 MINUTES BACK FROM MOTOR WORLD.

= 2 HOURS AND 25 MINUTES

Three hours later they call my dad's cell and say that they can't get the key until tomorrow. My mom comes into the living room where I am happily living and says that we're taking the 4Runner (My dad's blue truck.)

Let me just say that that was my idea in the first place. Gahhhhh! 

3 HOURS AT THE HOUSE. 
3.5 HOURS BACK TO ROCKAWAY. 

= 8 HOURS AND 55 MINUTES THAT I GAVE TO MOTOR WORLD TODAY. 

Books :9
Journeys: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment