Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

BEDA 25: A Teacher Story Fit For The Learning Channel.


Today I had Advanced Placement World History or, as we call it at Mary Louis, WHAP. Oh WHAP...

My teacher, Ms. Bruen, never ceases to amaze me with her uncanny ability to ignore the world around her. We're learning about the Renaissance and Henry VIII. Ms. Bruen loves it when people ask questions, so I asked her if there are Catholic churches in England now. (Obviously, there are. My uncle works at the American Embassy in London. He attends church at a Roman Catholic church every Sunday.)

So anyway, Ms. Bruen says to me, and I quote, "There are VERY few. The last time I was over, I had to go to one of THEIR churches. There wasn't a Catholic church for 100 miles." Really, Ms. Bruen? 100 miles. That's like saying there are no mosques on the Rockaway peninsula. There aren't many but, downtown, there are some. I told my grandmother what Ms. Bruen said. Her response? "Where was she? Up the Queen's ass?"

She also told the class that if you can count your possessions, you are in poverty. *blinking and shaking head in disbelief* No no no. Anyone can count their possessions, if they have enough time and patience. And also, material possessions are not an acurate determiner of wealth. I could be the richest person in the world, but I'm just not glutinous.


Oh, American education system, you never do fail when it comes to my personal amusement and irritation.

Goodbye Internet.

Books read: 9
Journeys: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment