Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Dear Boys,

Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Through what I can only assume is the combined effort of your entire gender, you have inspired many songs that I have written over the past 3 or 4 years.

Yes. Don't think that just because you haven't heard them, that they don't exist. Oohhh, if you believe that, you are so wrong my friend. So wrong.
You probably have heard them, actually.

Yes. Those songs I was playing on my porch for the last two summers, those were about you.

Yes. All the havoc you've reeked on my friendships. All the times you've made me or my friends cry, it's made it into a song of some sort.

Even if I haven't finished it. Even if it's probably stowed at the bottom of a drawer in my bedroom, it's there. And if in a few months, a few seasons, a few summers, you decide to pop back into my head, oh you can bet that I will dig that crumpled sheet of looseleaf at the bottom of the drawer if it's the last thing that I do. I will find it and I will finish it.

Be warned.

Stay out of my mind. And you all probably have at least two songs a piece at this point. Be prepared for more. Because there are always more to come.

Again, thanks for some of my best material. You just can't make this stuff up, even if you are as creative as me.

Sincerely ( and warningly),
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. OH LOOK, Y'ALL! WE GOT THE NEXT TAYLOR SWIFT.

    DON'T MESS WITH HER, BOYS... SHE JUST MAY WRITE A SONG ABOUT Y'ALL!

    ReplyDelete