Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Officially Switching to Mac

I got a 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro for Christmas this year, and I've been using it nonstop since receiving it on Christmas Eve. But, I never did transfer my pictures and videos and documents from my old clunker PC. Sidenote: have you ever heard of Kars 4 Kids? Well they take old clunker cars and sell them for scrap and give the proceeds to kids in need. Someone should do this with out computers.       1-877-KOMPS4KIDS?  So, here I am, sitting at home because I have this flu, which is a killer this year BTW, and transferring everything from the past three years of my life onto an external harddrive and then getting the stuff I really use like pictures and such onto my new beautiful shiny MacBook. 

Let me digress for a second. When I told people that I was hoping to switch to a Mac this year, I got a bunch of responses that were all along the same line.  "You just want the shiny little apple." "Well that's gonna be a hard adjustment..." "Ugh! They're so not user friendly." 

Umm, no, I do not just want the shiny little apple. I really do enjoy Apple products. They are very well made and the Apple customer service and the treatment you're given is definitely superior to most PC companies. I mean, with my Dell Inspiron, I've shipped it off to God knows where so many times. They keep it for weeks and don't keep you updated on what's going on with your computer. With Apple products, you just bring them in, and they help you out. 

And it wasn't a hard adjustment at all. As a matter of fact, I'm having trouble using PCs, now. Macs are so user friendly. The setup of a Mac (and this is true with iPods and iPhones as well) takes like 5 minutes and you're done. 

Ok. So that's all for my rant. 

Books: 1
Journeys: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment