Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Can't Wait to Move

So, I've just gotten home from Virginia because I went away for the weekend. I was supposed to fly home yesterday, but my mom got ill and blah blah blah, we had to fly home today. I'm like freaking out because I missed my Maths midterm, and I have my WHAP final tomorrow and just gah. This is not good. I have to make up my Maths midterm and all that crap. Like, life sucks right now.

I seriously can't wait till I move to Virginia. Like, in less than three years, I'll be living there. That's so awesome to think about. See I'm going to uni down in Virginia, like no matter what. Even if for some  bizarre reason I don't get into any schools, I'll go to Germana Community College. Just realized that totally gives away my future location. Oops. Don't stalk me and murder me in my sleep, please.

Any way. I'm really upset today. Last night, I made a video and I worked SO hard on it. I even came up with an intro for my vlogs to set them apart from my music videos. Seriously, just the editing alone took my like an hour and a half to two hours. And then the 16 minutes of filming, and then recording the voiceover, and a bunch of stuff. Then rendering took an hour. So, I spent close to three and a half hours just making this video ready to upload. So, when I watched it for the first time, all the way through with fresh eyes, was this morning. And I was SO proud of it. I honestly think it's some of my best work and it's something I would watch. Like, I don't upload anything that I wouldn't watch, or that I don't like. But I'm just so proud of this video.

The video's a sharp tongued, quick cut, list of reasons why I'm screwed up. It's a funny video. Before I uploaded it, I showed it to my aunt, who thought it was hysterical. So, I sat at the kitchen table and uploaded the video. I was so proud of it, I showed it to my mom, my grandma, and even my four year old cousin. I couldn't wait to show it to my dad. So, when I got home, I got out my computer and loaded the video, expecting my dad to think it was cool and be proud of me. This was not the case.

My dad hated the video. He said I poked fun at everything that our family is about. He didn't have a single nice thing to say about it, which hurt since I had worked so hard.

So, this is why I'm upset.


Books: 1
Journeys: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment