Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Open Letter to My Dog

An Open Letter to My Dog

Dear Suzie, 
The Queen on Her Throne
It's been a good 12 years we've had together. We grew up together and I wouldn't trade some of our memories for the world. Over the past decade and some, you've taught me a lot, but the one thing that stands out right now is that you, Suzie, are an asshole. 

Yup. I said it. I'm calling you on it. You pee everywhere. We TRIED to housetrain you. We let you outside. You are unrelenting, and personally I see this as a blatant act of rebellion. I think you laugh a little each time. 

Suzie, I love snuggling up with you on Mom's chair. It's great. Warm. Fantastic. But, there's something you seem to be confused about. When I get up to get a blanket, it is NOT an invitation for you to shift into my spot, occupying the entire center of the chair. This would tolerable if you would move over when I basically sit on you. But do you?

No, Suzie. You don't.

You stay right there. Underneath me. This isn't a good choice bud. That's how you get smooshed. You may be the largest of the toy breed, but you are still much smaller than a human being. And underneath one is not the best place for you to be. You belligerent asshole. 

And I love you that much more for it. 

Sincerely, 
Theresa 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment