Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Foot Hurts

I am 5 feet tall and I weigh about 100lbs. I also love horses. An average 15h horse weighs about 11 times my weight. Do you catch my drift?

I've been around horses for the majority of my young life. From the old arthritic pony at the fair when I was a year old. to Dutchboy, the painted bay lesson horse I rode when I was six. At the age of eight, I graduated to Elmo, a black Quarter Horse who was around 16h. Enough of that now. I think you understand that I have been around horses for the majority of my fourteen year existence. Ironically, I am deathly allergic to horses and have been since I was a baby.

So, even though I was a tiny tot, wandering around the barn hopping bareback on a horse that dwarfed me by size and experience, I have never been stepped on by a horse. That is, of course, until this past Sunday, when this lovely horse I work with, Layla stepped on me. Now, Layla's not huge (just about 15h on a good day, clocking in at 1150-ish-lbs) and I was wearing my steal toed horse riding boots, it hurt like hell.

She stepped on me at the beginning of the 8:30am ride, and for the next seven hours I kept working. Yes. Ouch. I am an idiot. And I swear, if one more person tells me that I "shouldn't have stayed," I'm gonna explode. Or implode. I'm not sure yet.

So at 3:30, Mama Bear Kelley picked me up with the entire family in tow. We go to the hospital, get it X-rayed, and then the doctor comes over and says: "Well, it's definitely NOT broken."

Great! So what the heck is wrong with my foot?!?!?!?


DR: It's what we call a "Crush" injury.
Me: Whaaaaaat?
DR: You see, it's like when you squish Play-Doh...

After that I stopped listening. Play-Doh. My foot is like Play-Doh?!?!?!

I hope to be good to go soon because I miss the horses.

Yes. I am crazy.

See ya soon, Internet.

Books Read This Year: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment